As you approach Circle of Life Thunderbird House, one thing will be abundantly clear – it is not a place you will easily forget.
Thunderbird House will open your mind to Aboriginal culture in a way you never thought possible. From the moment you walk in you will be offered positive insights into the culture and heritage of Winnipeg’s Aboriginal people.
Thunderbird House offers a place of refuge and sanctuary, a way for Aboriginal people to ground themselves in pride of who they are and give back to their community, as is the Aboriginal tradition.
Everyone is welcome.
The Circle of Life Thunderbird House is currently seeking interested community members to apply for membership on our Board of Directors. We would be honored to have you apply to be on our board, community members who meet the following requirements are eligible to apply:
- Over the age of 18;
- shall be one of the Aboriginal Peoples of Canada as defined in the Constitution Act of 1982;
- no un-discharged bankrupt;
- Experience with working for a non-profit organization and/or board;
- Have participated in leadership development training and/or has some previous experience with committee work;
- be able to commit to regular meeting attendance, have the ability to receive communication by phone and/or e-mail and have some comfort in communicating ideas in a group setting; and
- An interest in and dedication to working with the Circle of Life Thunderbird House and the community to bring tradition and spirituality back to our families, to bring healing to those who need it, and to provide the opportunity to continue practicing those traditions to those who are seeking it.